Help a honky out
Hi guys, if you haven’t seen this on Facebook then you’re in luck! Welcome to the first time. If you have, and you’ve acted on it, sorry — one more week.
My band, You Might Think We’re Sharks, make the most accessible and audience-friendly music I’ve ever been a part of, and now we’re in an unsigned artist competition, squaring off with some pretty heavy hitters of the Austin music scene. Which you might have heard is a large and competitive one.
- It’s run by a local recording school, which is in the running for places I’d like to attend when I go back to school for engineering. It’s a really cool place.
- We only have to make the top 4, we’ve been all the way at the top but we’re in 5th right now. Top 4 go to Stubbs and play for some industry folks, for whatever that’s worth, and get huge amounts of free studio time and some nice software plugins and other gear. We also get to send our singer to audition for The Voice (again, for whatever that’s worth, but seeing him on TV would be a trip and a half).
- The Stubbs show will be a contest of pure performance merit, but right now to get to the Top 4 we have to win a popularity contest. This is the industry.
- You have to “Like” the school’s FB page, allow their survey app, and give them your email. This sounds like a lot, but it’s not that bad, and go ahead and un-Like it after you’ve voted if you want.
- Voting closes this Thursday. Winners are announced Friday, my birthday, and it’s pretty much the only present I have any desire for.
The URL is here: http://www.trcoa.com/uac
Please consider giving us a vote. And if you’re feeling really randy and sexy, share that link or reblog this post.
Thanks for the time. Back to manatee GIFs now.